Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Warning - Picture Intensive!! :)

Back from a long relaxing weekend at the coast. People thought we were crazy for heading over there so soon after the storm, but it was perfect! The sun was shining, it wasn't too windy and there was hardly a soul in sight! Except at the hotels - I thought Josh was nuts for making me make a reservation - I mean really - who stays on the ocean in December in Oregon? The place was packed with people who still were without power!

Our first stop was the Astoria Tower, I had heard about it from Amber's Blog a while back and knew it was a must stop. I saw it the highway and then we followed the signs to the top. It totally doesn't look that bad from the ground, but once you start climbing the 192-ish stairs - its feels like you are climbing a ladder straight up, for-ever. It is now three days after I made the climb and my legs are still sore.

I was also not nervous in the slightest about climbing it. It reminded me of the Statue of Liberty! How fun! Then Josh started getting nervous and asking me if I was scared, and pointing out how rusty the stairs were and on and on and on.... then I was scared. I was like - I won't fly - but I will walk straight up into the air? How stupid is this? When we got to the top we both stayed close to the tower, took our pictures and basically headed right back down!

We went to check into the hotel, but they weren't done cleaning them yet - so we headed to Ft. Clatsup. This is where Lewis and Clark stayed with their crew for a couple months getting ready to head back to the East Coast. The original replica was built back in the 50's and burned down about a year ago. They just finished the new one and have been talking about it on the news all the time - so we figured we would check it out. It was cute, but a pretty quick stop :) We did learn how to write with a quill pen though...
Sunday was Josh's 35th Birthday! Now he can finally run for President! LOL We headed down the coast Sunday morning on our way to Newport. We were in no hurry since it was so late before we could get into our room the day before, so we took our time. We stopped at Cannon Beach, and took the scenic route around the lighthouse at Cape Mears.

The hotel in Newport was empty! I think we were two of maybe five people staying there Sunday night.

So - all in all a nice weekend at the coast. Hard to believe from the pictures that it was mid-December huh?

Back to work today - Merry Christmas early if I don't see you! :)

xoxo Angela

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Josh! Love the stair picture, I agree with the aching legs, that thing is steep baby, steep!

12/19/2006 09:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home