Saturday, July 28, 2007

Wow! I knew I was going to be busy this Summer, but I really underestimated myself. If you have tried to make plans with me lately? I am really sorry - I swear I will call you in October. :)

I did find time to enter some things in the Linn County fair however. And I came out a big winner!

My rug got 1st place in the RugHooking Category (not hard since I think it was the only entry) but it got "Reserve Grand Champion" in textiles overall (2nd place). The grand Champion? A little (and I mean little) 3" x 4" cloth pillow. Oh well, I don't do it for the fame and fortune thats for sure.


I entered a bunch of pictures as well, This one won 1st place in the "Pet" Category:



This one got 1st place in the "Linn County" category:


And this on got 2nd place in the same "Linn County" category. This one also won a special award. It was chosen as the photograph to represent Linn County at the state fair!

So, onto the State Fair for me :) Check out the Cardas Photography blog for wedding updates, I try to put up at least a couple pics from each session right afterwards.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice rug.
Great pictures.
Congrats on all the ribbons!!!
Love
M

7/28/2007 06:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Job Angela,
I cant tell is the rug latchhook? Hope to see you at the next scrap. Pam

7/30/2007 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Susanne P. said...

I KNEW that rodeo pic would win something! it is amazing. just like that rug is.

we missed you on Saturday. it looks like we are trying to put together a crop in august and one on sept 22nd.

7/31/2007 09:33:00 PM  
Blogger Sharyn said...

AWESOME rug!!! REally really beautiful! I might have to consider this hooker thing.

I'm catching up on blogs - don't tell the boss how much time I obviously have on my hands

8/08/2007 10:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home