Saturday, May 02, 2009

Since discovering it at Trader Joes many years ago, Vodka Sauce has been one of our favorite things. When I stumbled upon this recipe, I knew I had to try it out. Trust me when I say I don't like onions or tomatoes... but I loved this. :)

Ingredients:

2 cloves garlic
1 lg. shallot
1/4 yellow onion
1 Tbs. butter and 1 Tbs. Vegetable oil
1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 C. Half and Half
1/4 C. vodka
1/2 Bag of Rigatoni

1/2 Lb Shrimp

Directions

In a saucepan, brown garlic, shallots and onion in olive oil, about 5 minutes. Add canned tomatoes, fresh tomatoes and crushed red pepper. Mix and let cook on medium to high heat for 5-10 minutes. Add half and half and vodka and stir. Let cook for 5-10 minutes. If the mixture doesn’t thicken, quickly stir in 1 Tbs. flour. Keep heated until serving.

Saute the shrimp in butter and garlic. Serve over cooked penne or rigatoni or pasta of your choice. I chose to put the noodles and sauce in a baking dish - cover in grated Parmesan cheese and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, sprinkling on the shrimp with about 5 minutes left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home